Hobby will take you to places that you wouldn`t even know exist

Hobby will take you to places that you wouldn`t even know exist
Diamond Rocks, The Mourne Mts, Northern Ireland

Friday 29 April 2016

Quartz with chlorite inclusions from Dingle

A while ago we went on a family trip to the Dingle Peninsula where, of course, we just HAD TO do some collecting ;) After a while of digging in the upper layer of soil by the cliffs, Klaudia found this little, beautiful quartz crystal with lovely, green inclusions of chlorite. What a treat! And yeah... lucky Klaudia, yhymm ;)
Crystal about 2cm long, chlorite inclusions

Light from behind to show the inclusions

"Flowery" chlorite inclusions in quartz
Found here :)

Lovely views


5 comments:

  1. I think, trip to Dunquin is a must now !!!
    You might be interested on this article:
    http://www.earthscienceireland.org/, Issue 18, p. 10-12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malgosia, thank you. A very well-written article, congratulations. Have you found me on FB, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It resembles like we have in Kharan part of Balochistan. Yours one has got good clarity though

    ReplyDelete
  4. It resembles like we have in Kharan part of Balochistan. Yours one has got good clarity though

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful! I live in the United States, however, I am going to Ireland this July (2017). It is my "make a wish "vacations! This is the one country I have always wanted to visit! My ancestors were from Ireland and I have always been drawn to there!
    We will be staying in Dublin. Can you tell me where I can go look for crystals? I am wheelchair bound, so it would need to be accessible.
    Thank you, in advance, for your help!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete