Hobby will take you to places that you wouldn`t even know exist

Hobby will take you to places that you wouldn`t even know exist
Diamond Rocks, The Mourne Mts, Northern Ireland

Saturday 9 July 2016

How I gave up my job and decided to sell minerals :) About my shop :)

Hello everyone!
First of all, let me apologize for the long break. It was a busy period for me; a few things happened and I felt the need to rethink my life. You probably remember my post from October last year about the new job that I got, I was all excited and very happy. It was a managerial position in a big supermarket, I thought a dream position I had always wanted to have. After a few months, however, I decided to see things that I didn`t like and didn`t agree with and so decided I to leave.
The period that followed was filled with relaxing moments with my child, something that I had missed so much and no longer had time for, meetings with friends and learning about minerals. Since then I have been collecting many, many times- something that I must write about here, too. During that time I met a few people who let me understand that I should follow my dreams. And as my dream has always been to have my own business, I decided to go for it. At first I though of a stationary shop (not with minerals) and was making plans, but meanwhile I sold a few of my minerals online with ease, and thought that THIS IS THE WAY FOR ME TO FOLLOW! I should turn my passion into a profession. And here it is, my Etsy shop- RockyRoadMinerals.
This shop is a newborn baby that needs to be fed to grow, so I started promoting it on FB, Pinterest and Instagram. I constantly add new things and think of the ways in which I could make it better. I sell minerals (including self-collected), rough rocks, pebbles, real stone jewelry, cabochons and whatever comes from the Irish shore. Here are a few examples:
Pebbles with holes, Irish beach

Flint stones, Irish beach

Driftwood, crafts supplies, Irish beach

Aquamarine with smoky quartz, The Mourne Mts, Northern Ireland, self-collected

Double terminated quartz cluster, Paskistan

Quartz cluster, Pakistan

Orthoclase, Albite, Mica, Smoky Quartz, The Mourne Mts, Northern Ireland, self-collected

Black pebbles with white stripes, Irish beach

Pebble with a fossil, Irish beach

Water tumbled shell parts, Irish beach

Sea glass, Irish beach

Quartz crystal cluster, Owenahincha, Ireland, self-collected

Mica, the Mourne Mts, Northern Ireland, self-collected

Chalcedony, Doubravice, Czech Republic, self-collected

Hematite, Owenahincha, Ireland, self-collected

Irish beach set

Large turquoise cabochon, Nevada

Hag stone, Irish beach

Large quartz geode, Morocco

Amethyst cluster, Uruguay

Variscite cabochon, large, USA

Small turquoise cabochon, Nevada

Syrongopora Coral fossil, County Cork, Ireland, self-collected

Big quartz crystal cluster with double termination and black rutile
 Of course there is soooooooo much more in my shop and new things are added every day.
Please visit RockyRoadMinerals on Etsy.com and tell me what you think!
Oh, and visit my blog soon again, there are more posts coming very, very soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment