Hobby will take you to places that you wouldn`t even know exist

Hobby will take you to places that you wouldn`t even know exist
Diamond Rocks, The Mourne Mts, Northern Ireland

Monday 13 July 2015

Gifts from Fuertaventura

My mother and sister brought me two minerals from their holiday on Fuertaventura.
The Canary Islands are well-known for their Olivine, so I am pretty sure this specimen comes from one of the islands, but I have some doubts about the Amethyst. It looks like Brasilian Amethyst, with wide Quartz "framing" (excuse me my unprofessional terminology, I am originally a speaker of Polish and I have to learn the English vocabulary connected with mineralogy), which makes it less valuable. Anyway, it is a very nice gift! Oh, and by the way- Olivine is my fav mineral :)
 Olivine
 Amethyst-top
 Amethyst- side
Amethyst- backside

No comments:

Post a Comment